Overdraft Courtesy Pay
IT IS HERE!
Homeport Federal Credit Union now offers Overdraft Courtesy Pay to its members. Overdraft Courtesy Pay will allow qualified members to overdraw their share draft account up to a maximum of $500.00. Your checks will not be returned NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds); therefore, third parties will not charge additional fees against your account. Our Overdraft Courtesy Pay fee will be $25.00 per item.
Qualifications are as follows:
- You must have an active checking account AND have an account which has been open for at least 90 days.
- All your accounts must be current with Homeport Federal Credit Union. (i.e.: MasterCard, current loans.)
- Your account cannot exceed the $500.00 Overdraft Courtesy Pay limit.
- Your checking account will be charged a Courtesy Pay fee of $25.00 per transaction.
- Homeport Federal Credit Union will honor courtesy pay on its Visa Debit/Ach (Automated Clearing House Transactions.)
- Homeport Federal Credit Union reserves all rights to revoke or suspend at any time without notice any account that is deemed to be no longer eligible.
Homeport Federal Credit Union reserves the right to revoke Overdraft Courtesy Pay or close any account at any time without notice. If you choose to take advantage of Homeport Federal Credit Union’s Overdraft Courtesy Pay program, it will only honor items processed via regular check or electronic processing. Other restrictions may apply. Failure to pay the overdraft balance may result in legal action. NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) Fees may change without notice.
- A good place to borrow…With Approved Credit
- Cars, Boats, Motorcycles, RVs, Furniture, Appliances or Musical Instruments
- Signature Loans up to $20,000.00 MasterCard 14.00% MasterCard Gold 9.75%
Regular Savings Share Accounts
You can save at your Credit Union for such reasons as an emergency fund, down payment on a home or car, college fund for the kids, or any other reason you wish. Interest paid on savings is compounded monthly. Higher interest is paid on higher balances.
Share Certificate Accounts
The time of these Share Certificate accounts will vary. Normally six months to one year. The amount needed to invest may also vary. Please call your Credit Union for more details.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s)
You may establish a special savings account for your retirement. The interest earned is tax deferred and part of your deposit could be. Like all Credit Union accounts your IRA deposit can be withheld from your paycheck. Please call your Credit Union for more details.
Christmas Club Share Accounts
- Dividends Compounded…Monthly
- Dividends Credited…Monthly
- Dividend Period…Calendar Month
- Minimum Opening Deposit…$25.00
- Minimum Balance to earn the stated APY…$100.00
- Balance Method…Average Daily Balance
- Early Withdrawal at any time…$10.00
The Ease of Checking
- No Minimum Balance No Monthly Service Fee
- Checks payable electronically at noon
- Direct Deposit of all or part of Paychecks (from many employers)
- Social Security Checks
- Other Government Checks
- Pension and Annuity Checks
- Deposits in Person or through the mail
- NSF Fee $25.00
- Overdraft Fee $5.00 per item
- Returned Item (Check) $10.00 per item
- Stop Payment Fee $25.00 per request (good for only 6 months)
- Share Draft Printing Prices may vary depending upon style
VISA Check Card
The VISA check Card makes it possible for you to “Go Paperless” with your Credit Union Debit Card. A debit card can be used as both a Check and an ATM card. Your VISA Check Card can be used worldwide at any merchant that accepts VISA or any terminal with PULSE, CIRRUS, or PLUS network logos displayed.
- VISA Check Card NSF Fee $25.00 per transactions
- VISA Check Card Transaction with Overdraft Protection from Savings $5.00 per transactions
- VISA Check Card Replacement Card $15.00
- VISA Check Card Rush Request $20.00
- VISA Check Card Rush Pin Request $20.00
- VISA Check Card Pin Replacement $3.00
- VISA Check Card will be mailed directly to member within 10 business days
Drive Up Tellers
8:00-6:00 Monday through Friday
(Staples location only) 9:00-12:00 Saturdays
Night Deposits located beside the drive-thru at our main office at 5959 S. Staples, Suite 100, Corpus Christi, TX 78413 and next to the ATM at our downtown location, 523 Taylor, Corpus Christi, TX 78401. Your deposit will be credited to your account the next business day and we will mail you a receipt.
Audio Response – (361) 986-9740
By calling the audio response, members can learn about Services, dividend rates, and loan rates for various types of loans. Members can learn account balances or see if a check has cleared their account. They can also transfer money from one type of account to another. Examples: savings to loan, share draft to loan, savings to share draft.
By using the Audio Response System you may apply for a loan at your Credit Union 24 hours a day. All information is taken using the touch-tone phone and verbally giving some information. Your application will be reviewed immediately or at the start of the next working day if you call after hours. You will be notified within that work day if approved or disapproved.
Regular and Gold cards issued through your Credit Union. Eligibility requirements similar to those for signature loans. No Annual Fee plus a 25 day grace period.
Money Orders are sold at $1.00 per money order
When you choose Direct Deposit, you stay in control of your finances. You choose the account where your Social Security payment is deposited.
When you choose Direct Deposit, you choose safety. You are free of worries of lost or stolen checks.
When you choose Direct Deposit, you choose convenience. No special trip to cash or deposit a check. No need to worry about being home to meet the mail on payment day.
It’s easy to sign up for Direct Deposit of your Social Security check. Ask us or call Social Security’s toll-free number weekdays from 7 am to 7 pm: 1-800-772-1213
When you call, be sure to have your Social Security number and a personal check or account statement handy. Your Social Security representative will need information from these documents to start you on Direct Deposit.